Friday, March 26, 2010

Pretending

I'll just pretend to be happy
Just because I love you
I'll pat you on the back and smile
Because it's what I'm supposed to do
So I'll say good luck
And that I've forgotten you
Anything to better the situation
Even pretend that I'm over you
So I'll say hello and goodbye
The same as always
As if it means nothing
And turn my back as we part ways
I'll look in your eyes with nothing
My words will have no feeling
And when I hug you there'll be no warmth
Just pretend to me you're just another being
The halls will just be empty
When I see you I won't stop in my tracks
When you're with her ill just keep walking
When I pass you I won't look back
When I see you look up I'll try and look away
When you sit in front of me I promise not to stare
When I catch you looking at me
I promise to turn my head like I don't care
But will you invade my mind
When I think will my thoughts be of you
I'll try my best not to let them be
When I go to sleep I'll try not to dream of you
But you see this I can not promise
Because this I don't know
All I can truly promise
Is to pretend, pretend that I've let go



No comments:

Post a Comment

Plurk